Friday, May 8, 2009

Spain in a nut shell.

So here is what had happened the last 2 or so weeks starting with Spain where I meet with Jessie in Barcelona.

I had been camping for the last 4 days or so before I had meet with a local guy and stayed with him for 2 nights. He had taken me to a couple of his favorite spots, a rock beach where no one was at and a Balancing rock on top of a near by peak over looking the valley.

His place was an old shed sort of thing that he had fixed up to be his house. He had recycled most of the materials that was in his place from old factories near by and a house of a friend that was remodeling. He had a garden where he grew all sorts of vegetables, and had just bought 9 chickens to get eggs from. Pretty much it was the the coolest house I had stayed at on my journey as far as environmentally friendly houses go.

The last day when I left he took me with him to work in Girona and dropped me off at a place where e had seen hitch hikers before and let me at it. I was going to get some breakfast at the McD's but spain doesn't beleave in breakfast and it wasn't open yet. So I walked over to a gas station where I got some plain mini donutes and some juice.

I hadn't been waiting to long when a Jeep Charokke stopped to give me a ride. The driver was going to work near Barcelona for the one day out of the week he works there, so he was going to drop me off just outside and I would find a ride into the city. We had talked the whole way to Barcelona.

After he dropped me off it begain to look that I was dropped off at a bad gas station to find a ride into Barcelona. Not very many people had stopped to get gas and the few that did where full and couldn't give me a ride even if they wanted to. Finally a guy that I had thought would most likely not give me a ride came out from paying and said somehting in Spainish and I pointed to the map and he said he would take me. After a short ride he had stopped in between the off ramp and the main motorway to drop me off. I had to grab my bag fast and get over to the side of the road where it was safest and walk along the gaurd rail to where I could jump over it and down onto the sidewalk below.

I had walked around for maybe an hour before I had really found where I wanted to be and then found a map at a hotel and found the hostel that I wanted to be at. Jessie had a couple more hours till her flight would get in so I took a nap and waited for her to show up.

Once she showed up we walked aorund to the port area and back through some whindy street back to the main street where we found a tapas bar to eat dinner at. We then went back to the room and went to bed early since Jessie was a little tired from her flight. She had passed out immediatly and was almost deluginal. I had made a little noise about an hour after getting into bed and she half sleeping asked if it was already time to get up. The next morning she ahd no idea what she had said after going to bed.

The next day we did a little more walking around check out some Guidi stuff and the Familia Cathedral. We went to the top and let me tell you it was so worth the hour wait to do so. We then went to a chocolate musieum and walked through a park before going to get a beer near the room and grabing our bags to catch the over night train to Granada.

I'll stop there for now so that the story doesn't turn into a short novel and I'll post the next leg of the trip soon. Also I'll try to post some of the 1,000+ pictures me and Jessie took while she was with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment