Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oh man gotta be fast!

I left that one place i hiked to today and got a ride to Girona from a guy in a truck (first truck to pick me up by the way). He spoke hardly any English but he knew where was best for me to be dropped of at least if I were staying in Girona. So he told me which direction the train staion was where hotels were and wern't and let me go. It started to lightly sprinkle when I got out, so I put my packs rain cover on expecting the worst. Sure enough, I got about a block away and it just let loose. I was able to stop in a Supermarket to get some water for a little bit and then walk down the street staying under over hangs of buildings for the most part but once I came to the point I wasn't sure where to go next I stopped and stayed under a gas station thing till I atleast knew where to go. The rain hadn't let up any so I just said screw it and started walking again. I had found the right direction and kept walking. The rain had finally let up when I got out of town and found a place to get some cardboard from, FYI nowhere but english speaking places know what cardboard is other wise it is known just as cartons. I made a sign and waited once again.

I had been waiting about 20-30 minutes when a VW pulled up and let me in. The guy was heading to Sant Feliu, which was where I was wanting to go and spoke alittle english so he was able to show me the main places once we got in, like the bus station, the main street along the beach and dropped me off at the one and only camp site in St. Feliu.

I paid my camping fees for the next couple of days and made camp. While I was setting up my tent some ugly clouds started to rule in but at that point I had my tent already up and said bring it. The bad clouds passed just to the north and didn't do anything to where I was at. I took a quick swim in the swimming pool, which wasn't heated but I didn't care after I swam a lap or two.

I got my camera and did a little walk around town to see what all was close by, stopped at the supermarket to see if anything looked good for dinner and bought a liter of pineapple juice.

Came back to the camp site and figured out how to get online which I had to pay a whole Euro for 2 hours which I'm not quite sure how to log out to save the remaining time, but the person said I can.

Well I uploaded a few more pictures, and a few I had forgotten about from Mont-de-Marsan. I think there are more that I haven't loaded yet but have to go through and see if I have or haven't yet.

Since I finally found a place to use my tent at a cheaper price then a hotel I think I'll be staying here until I have to meet up with Jessie in Barcelona. A guy from CS said he would be home on monday and that I could stay with him after he came back, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the remainder payment for the camp site back later or not.

Gotta be fast my but, I just can't help myself sometimes when I get on and start telling the sotry of the last day or so, but I'm sure no one really cares because it just gives you more to read about my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment