Since I have been out of the United States of America I have been able to think of a couple things that I like about the US of A and some things I don't like about traveling.
1) I hate how every where in Europe closes early on Saturdays and all day on Sundays. I mean come on your families can't be that important to close the grocery store or restaurant for the whole day could it? That is one thing I don't like about Europe and one thing I like about the US of A, No matter what time it is or what day you can always get what you need because some sucker is stuck at the Wal-mart all night on that holiday no one remembers.
2) Traveling by yourself. This is one thing that I have been doing almost the whole time while gone, and to be quite honest with you haven't really liked. I mean it is great not having to worry about what someone else thinks of where you are sleeping or what you smell like or what you are going to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but sometimes its just nice to have someone else to share the scenery with or talk to about where you are. It also helps making you not look like that guy walking around in a crowd of groups and couples with the camera looking like the lonely tourist.
3) This is something that is completely my fault but I feel like you should have to learn for yourself on this one, Is all the crap I have been carrying around with me. I have already made two major cuts in the amount of stuff that I have been carrying around and I still find myself complaining to myself on how heavy my pack is. Yes I could do without the computer, but I wouldn't be able to post these entries that I'm sure every one of you just love reading. And I'm sure I could do with out the tent if only I had stuck with the couch surfing the whole way, and maybe I could do with just the little digital point and shoot camera but then I wouldn't have all those cool pictures for you to scroll through when your bored.
Yes, I have been able to think of a couple more but they aren't as important. Even with the joy of traveling I still find myself finding something to complain about.
When I get back home I still have to find something to prolong the process of having to find a place to live, a job to pay for the things I want and something to keep me busy till the next trip I will do. So I will unpack what I don't need and repack my lovely motorcycle with the two things I tend to hold closest to me, my computer and my camera and head off half way across the country to see a few of you that have been enjoying reading my blog. I will stick to the couch surfing and counting on people I know for a place to sleep. I will still have nothing planned until the last minute and have nothing set in stone. Because that's the way I like it and that's the way its gonna be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment