Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fire fighting.


I was able to try my hand in fire fighting today on the boat. Dave was grinding in the engine room and the sparks ignited some diesel. I was standing in the door way when it started because the smoke from the grinding was getting pretty bad, and then Dave started yelling and when I came in the room was filled with black smoke. I tried to see if the foset would reach but it didn't so I ran outside to grab a bucket for water, and Dave put the fire out. We had to take a brake to let all the smoke clear out of the cabin area. It made me want a fire extinguisher on board for at least in the engine room, HAHAHA. Well the good thing is that nothing was burned to bad and all we had to do was clean up the engine room a little of soot and replace a water pipe.

1 comment:

  1. That'll get your attention! I think it is a good idea to have fire extinguishers (that have been checked regularly) anywhere a fire could happen. Imagine that happening on the high seas! Fire - bad. Fire extinguisher - good. I'm glad it wasn't any worse.

    ReplyDelete