Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What is this?

When I first decided to come out to work on this boat I thought that I would be doing the wood working, like he said that was left to do. Things keep happening and we end up having to do more and more work on the mechanics part of the boat like getting the engine running, the generator, the water maker, heater, hydraulics pump, and the dive compressor. I have no problem doing a little engine work, but I had thought I made it clear that I was coming to do wood working, didn't I? I keep finding myself deciding on whether or not to leave and come back when the wood working part is ready to do. Knowing myself I think I wouldn't come back and that would just be a dick move on my half, but then again I was given the impression that the engine stuff was done and all there was left to do was wood working, even if it was rough work, that is what I'm good at and that is what I wanted to do. Should I give it another week of this? I'm almost a hundred percent sure that all the stuff wouldn't get done in that amount of time. Is leaving after two weeks a dick move? I think that me being here isn't making anything go faster because I have to consult with Dave on everything I do, because nothing is clear on what needs to be done and how he wants it done or what his vision is about the rest of the boat. It seems that all my ideas are different then his and he doesn't like to change his mind and think of different was to do something. He seems to have a tendency to over engineer everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment