Thursday, February 5, 2009

Here at last.

Well I got into Cardiff yesterday around 10am. The trip itself just felt like any other plane trip, but just with a little longer ride and on demand movies.

When I first got into the airport there was like a mile long maze worth of hall ways until I got to the Boarder agency desk. I filled out a little form with as much information as I had and went to the desk. I informed the agent that I didn't have the address of the place i was staying at but that my friend Dave was waiting for me if they needed to ask him the address. After a few questions it looked grim, as if I wasn't going to be let into the UK. The agent told me to take a seat and wait while she went to go talk to Dave. After a few minutes she came back and stamped my passport and reminded me that I was not allowed to work and that I wasn't able to use any benefits.

I walked out and grabbed my bags and found my way out of the airport and found Dave. It turned out that the lady that processed me was the wife of the friend that Dave knew and had been talking to about my trip here. She had never told me but supposedly she knew who I was after I had mentioned Dave's name. She had let me "stew" for a while until she came back and let me go.

After a short drive back into town Dave showed me around the boat and we headed out to grab some doughnuts, came back to the boat to unpack and have some lunch. Later we went out to get some food and and a pint at the local pub.

After a decent nights sleep, I think I woke up around 7 and walked down to the bath house for my morning... well pee. All through the snow mind you, yes it had snowed last night but luckily nothing to bad, nothing that I wasn't used to living in Nebraska.

Today, we are suppose to go out to pick something up, and pick up a heavier coat for myself.

1 comment:

  1. That was scary... letting you stew. She'll get hers! Perhaps someday you'll be at a party with her and the two of you can have a good laugh about your entry.

    ReplyDelete