Last night I went with Dale to go stay on his new boat he just bought, so that we could sail it back to the marina on high tide. Through a series of events he ended up trading the new boat he just bought and his old boat for a 52ft boat that he plans on fixing up and living on. I have to say it is a big project and wise him the best of luck. While even though it was damn cold and we were sleeping on a boat that was tilted I had a great time playing around on boats all night.
When I came back to Dave's boat, I found out that the French student Dylan was coming over to work on the boat this weekend. Before Dave told me that he didn't want to have to keep on people telling them what he wanted done, but it seems that he has no problem telling the other people that are coming to work on the boat what he wants done.
Ian, the South African, is coming on Monday and Dave still thinks he isn't going to work out with the boat. I'm sure Ian and I have told him several times already that he just wants to come and work for the experience and the benefit of getting into the boating community. It does sound like Ian is taking it the safe way and looking for a part time job while he is here so that if it doesn't work out like it did for me then he will have a little income to be able to support him while he figures out plan B. So from the looks of it, it looks like I won't be doing any traveling around the UK with Ian before heading onward to bigger adventures. That is alright with me since I am starting to except the fact of just going and figuring out the rest on the way.
Sometime next week I have a "date" with Maria and we are going to grab some lunch, which I'm looking forward to, since she is very nice all round.
I think I will be trying more stuff to keep me away from the boat while Dave and the other people do work on it for now, so A) I don't look like a lazy ass sitting around watching everyone else work and, B) getting in the way. So I think that I will see a few more things around Cardiff and maybe get a little more gear to replace some of the old warn out stuff that I have had for years.
Since I had originally planned on working longer then I did and waring out some of the close I brought I have to many cloths now to carry in my one pack so I think I will donate them to the school Dale works at and hope that that gives me a little good karma for my trip. I really don't think there is anything else to catch up on, so until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment