Friday, March 20, 2009

Its crazy...

How easy it really is to get along in a different country. They say that Americans are some of the most hospitable people, but since most Americans never need any hospitality they never realized this. Most other people in other countries are about the same, as long as you give an effort to learn their language and look in the right places there are tons of people that are more then willing to help you out by doing, what seems like huge favors but really are very small to them, anything they can.

Just a reminder what I'm writing this blog for is to just keep track of my journey. I wont always write an entry everyday unless something happens worth mentioning.

I started to traveling because I wanted to meet new people, see new places and experience new things. I've sacrificed a lot of things that most people take for granted. Even though I haven't sacrificed everything, once you realize how much there actually is and how much easier it can be with out worrying about it all. Once that's done you can start to enjoy the simple things in life, like meeting a complete strangers that turn out to be one of the nicest people you have ever meet. I have come to realize that there are more people out there with the same mind set as yourself and when you meet them they are always willing to help you out even though you hardly know each other, and the friendship that you offer each other is payment enough. I found a website that is compiled of a bunch of people just like that called Couchsurfing.com. It's a website where people post a profile of there couch letting travelers know that they can stop by and stay on their couch for a night or longer depending on the host. I mean all it is is a place where people just like you in the same mind set are all put in one easy place for you to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment