
I decided that I need to get away form the boat for a little while and went to London for the weekend last weekend. I thought that I would meet up with Ian, a guy that was going to be joining the boat. He had been in London for about 3 weeks so I thought that he would be able to show me around.
I got into London on Saturday and after wondering around for a little while decided that I should stay still until Ian called me back. Attempting to us the public transportation for the first time in my life I think I screwed myself over and ended up spending 6.10 just to get to where I was suppose to meet Ian for a one way ticket. I then found out that I could have gotten a all day pass for 6.50. When I finally meet Ian we stopped by the place he was staying at to drop off my bag and then meet up with his mates at a club called Suburban in the Wimbledon area of London. I meet a few of his mates from South Africa that were going to college in London and had a few to drink. I had an alright time despite that I hadn't gotten a slight bit drunk after all that I had drank. After a while we finally went back to his place where his room mate offered a place for me to stay for the night.
The next day Ian and I went sight seeing and saw just about all the major stuff to see in London in a relatively short time. We didn't really stop to check much out mainly because it was the weekend and other tourists where out in swarms, crowding everything. We did go inside the British Museum but again went through it fairly fast, only stopping to see things that caught my eye (Ian had already been there so I also didn't want to take to long and bore him to much). We worked our way to the Tower Bridge but when we came out of the train station it had started to rain. We walked across the bridge and it started to rain heavier so we started to head back to a station to catch a train back to his place. We finally got to one but it was closed due to construction so we found a bus to take us to the next closest.That night I had planned to stay with someone else who I found through a website called
couchsurfing.com (a place where people put up the couch for people traveling to sleep on). So I meet with the guy at the station and walked twords his place. He informed me that another guy from France would be staying with him that night as well, so after talking for a while John, the host, went to get the French-man (He told me his name but said it so fast everytime that I couldn't understand it, but I think it was a name that I hadn't heard before anyway so I probably couldn't pronounce it anyway). The Frence-man had brought some cheese and salomi that he offered for me to try and I figured if he had been eating it it was alright for me to eat too. The cheese was VERY strong but wasn't to bad and the salomi was pretty good, a bit chunky though.The next day John left to go to work early in the morning so the French-man walked with me to
the bus station. The French-man had been cycling from where he lived in France to the UK for the last month. He was a bit more extem then I was willing to be traveling, he said that he would dumster dive to get food.I was a little disapointed that Dave had told Ian that he was not ready for him to come and to wait another week or two to come. So I started to wonder how dedicated Dave is about finishing the boat. I thought that if things didn't change soon that I would start to plan on moving on and see if Ian would want to travel with me around the UK for a little while, before I decided to go back to the states.

No comments:
Post a Comment