When in need of a couch to sleep on in Paris last night Pablo ,my first host in Paris, helped me look for a couch through CS (CouchSurfing) since I was still new to the website. I posted a request in the emergency section and with in a minute of posting, another guy posted something saying he had 3 couches available and when I was looking at the profile Pablo saw it and told me he knew the guy and he called him and got me a place to stay.
I found my way to Pierre's apartment after getting a little lost (FYI there seem to be a lot more friendly people in the south part of Paris). I was able to get pointed in the right direction from one woman and then a couple of guys got me the rest of the way. I probably would have been able to get there on my own if it was day but since I was completely turned around in the metro and it was night time I couldn't tell which way was north. I eventually found his place with no problems.
There were several other people in his apartment, a couple of them CS with him and left later that night and one guy that was and still is staying with him. A few more people stoped by for a drink. After talking with him I learned that he was introduced to CS from the guy that is currently staying with us and ever since he has been completely into hosting people. He is trying to go to San Franseco to even become part of the CS team.
It had been a while since I had slept on a bed bigger the a sleeping bag. He has 2 double beds, a couch, a couple sleeping pads for on the floor and even a hamack. This guy is ready for anything, just the other day he thought he was only going to be hosting a couple people and he turned out hosting 10 at the same time, loving every minute. I might even stay a little longer because he knows someone that spends a lot of time in the catacombs of Paris and might be able to show me around some of the ones that are not available to the public.
Today is a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is one of my favorite stories so far. You are meeting some really great people. Congratulations! Keep it up.
ReplyDelete