I left Cardiff yesterday and started hitch hiking form a gas station just outside of Cardiff. A couple picked me up, Mic and Joule. They were able to take me about half way to Portsmouth. I found another ride relatively fast and was dropped off just outside of South Hampshire. It took me about 4 hours till I finally found a guy that was able to take me to the fairies in Portsmouth. So once there I got a ticket for 11pm and waited at the port till then. On the boat I ended up sleeping and when I woke up we were pulling into Le H something in France. After walking in the wrong direction to where I wanted to be going I found a gas station where a couple of other hitch hikers that were heading to Morocco helped me find a ride. It was a cople of frence guys that were heading near Paris. Once we got to the point where they were heading away they dropped me off and the driver helped me get another ride into Paris. The last ride was from an older guy that spoke more English then any other person I had come accross so it was kind of nice. He was picking up his wife at the treain station. He had an hour until her train arrived so he helped me get a bus to where i needed to be. We walked maybe a block when he stopped a woman for directions and she said that she was heading that way so we got a bus and called Pablo, the guyt that I would be staying with. I got off at the last stop like I was suppose to and meet up with Pablo and we walked to his apartment. We packed ourselves into this tiny elevator and once we packed ourselves in enough to let the doors close we got off at the 7th floor.
I do have to say that I now know what it truly feels to be lost. When nothing is familiar, and you have no idea what to do next. I'm hoping that I can find someone else that is traveling that speaks more english then some other people I have meet and maybe see where he is going. I'm starting to think that without any knowledge in another language that maybe I'm bitting of a little more then I can chew. I will stay here as long as I can or until I find another oportunty.
Well stay tuned for the next entry where I find out that I'm in way over my head and decide to swim for shore...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment