I was down on the docks yesterday taking photos and stopped by a couples boat and started talking. The next thing I knew we had been talking for 2 hours. They offered to take me around South Wales and check out some castles.
That night I went over to Dylan's place and we made dinner and watched a movie. The last bus was leaving only an hour or so after I had gotten over there so I decided to stay the night. The next morning we made breakfast and talked french stuff. He has a way of telling people stuff that just makes since and is clear as can be, its great. He got me in the right mind set of learning a new language and the best way of doing so. So now I'm ready to travel through France and give learning a new language a solid try. There is nothing like jumping into the deep end to learn something new.
Later that day Paul and Zoe (the couple on the boat in the marina) and I went to St Fagans and check out Welsh history first hand. They had collected historic buildings from around Wales and reconstructed them exactly how they were some 100 odd years ago. They were all rebuilt on some acreage of an old mansion castle, which was pretty impressive in itself. I took a few pictures but haven't looked at them all yet and see if any came out alright. I'll look at them more later and see about getting them uploaded to flicker (the good ones atleast).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck with the French, it will be good to have a multi-linguist in the family.
ReplyDelete